"

June 18, 2009

The Art of Handling the Angry Patients




It was said she was the best cardiologist in the town, thus the crowded waiting room was not unexpected for me.


It was about one and half hours I was waiting while suddenly an old man left his seat, yelled at the secretary: "I want to see the doctor NOW and cannot wait anymore". He was flushing and uncontrolled, throwing the objects away and broke a picture frame.


By his loud voice, the doctor came out of her room; a smile in her face. Put her hand on the shoulder of the mad patient and while trying to calm him down, dismissed the previous visitor, led the angry patient to her room.


After awhile the volume of the angry man's voice was reduced and it vanished until I couldn't hear him anymore.


Finally the Patient came out after about fifteen minutes. He seemed relieved and calm. While smiling at secretary paid the visit wage and left the clinic gently.


Now I could understand why everybody was pleased with this cardiologist. She was real good in her job, knowing how to deal with the souls and fleshes of her patients. What else does human need?


While I was thinking about the elegances of the doctor, the secretary called my turn.


I grabbed my coat, took a deep breath and tried to review my complaints to tell them in a shorter time. I Knocked on the door and entered the doctor's room.


The body of the cardiologist was on her desk in a blood pool. Her throat was slashed through and a knife was deeply laid in her chest. And still I could detect a pale smile in her smashed face.




18 June 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment